Tuesday 1 November 2011

Research - Target Audience

Using Youtube's statistics, I am able to find out information about the audience who listen to my band. By going onto their music videos and clicking the statistic button it shows me informations such as Gender, Age, Country and dates of how the views have grown.
As the video for my chosen track, both acoustic and original, doesn't have enough views for this option, I have looks at the statistics for previous music videos.

Learn My Lesson (Oct 2011)
Stitches (Feb 2011)

Sons Of Apathy (Apr 2010)


Winter Kiss (Dec 2009)
From looking at this data, I am able to identify that my target audience is:

- Males & Females aged 13-24
- Mainly living in the UK

I can use this as my specified target audience and can work around this to create a 'Promo Pack' that will appeal to this audience. Using this Youtube feature, I can find other similar video that appeal to the same audience, such as 'Nicotine And Alcohol Saved My Life' by Deaf Havana. From this, I can find out what sort of videos appeal to my audience and use ideas for my own video to be just as successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment