Friday 4 November 2011

Research - Music Video


Francesqa - 'Years'
This video is quite similar to what I would like my own final outcome to be. It uses a lot of time lapse including clouds which I am planning on focusing on. Their use of time lapse is much faster that the piece I created as a practice so this may be something to consider. However this song is a lot more fast paced, so a slower time lapse may be more suited to my music.
I also like the performance shots used, especially the close ups on the lead singers. I love all the different angles and and the shots where the camera is very close just focusing on the lips. The framing for these shots is interesting as the singer is not always in central frame. I think that the very shallow focus used, which creates a very blurred background, is effective as it puts all the focus o the main person in the shot. 
I also like the editing where there are flickers of red/yellow/orange. This, however, isn't something I could use in my own video as I am planning on my video being black and white.

No comments:

Post a Comment