Thursday 17 November 2011

Editing - Live Performance Task


'In Chaos' - Strangers (Final Edit)
This is our groups final edit of our live performance filming with the band 'Strangers' who came in last week. We were given 2 and a half hours in lesson time to edit together the piece. Unfortunately we ran out of time to finish editing towards the end of the song so we left one clip running as it was in sync. However, I am really pleased with how it is turned out and think a lot of the footage we shot was of good quality and useable. It has really taught me and let me practice my editing and helped me improve on my lip syncing as well as matching instruments to the beat. It was great working with a live band and was a great learning experience to see how performances are really filmed. As it was a live performance we didn't know what the band were going to do as we gave them no directions to face certain cameras etc. I think planning is a key part to making a successful piece and think that if we were given more time we would have planned out in more detail. Also, we only had one run through of the song to film in. In my own filming, I think that maybe having my performers play multiple times will allow me to get a wider range of shots and make sure I don't miss out any good opportunities.

No comments:

Post a Comment