Sunday 13 November 2011

Filming - Time Lapse Shots

This weekend, I filmed a few shots that I can use for time lapse. Saturday's weather didn't have any defined or individual clouds but more a grey sheet across the sky. I filmed the sun trying to shine through this which I think would work just as well for the ending of the song before a clip of clear skies is shown. Sunday was a cloudless day which wasn't very helpful but the was a very pretty sunset which I filmed which could be used for the final shot switching back to colour, especially with the bright shades of blue, yellow, orange and pink. With this sunset, I managed to take a few photographs which could be used for my ancillary tasks such as the CD lyric booklet. There were a few light clouds and some aeroplane lines which looked quite nice. The photos on the right are some shots I took which can later be taken into Photoshop to enhance colours etc. Everything is going well so far, these time-lapse shots are hard to plan because of the weather but I'm happy with the footage shot so far. One problem I encountered was the huge file size of these 15 or so minute clips. I need to carry multiple memory cards or find a way to reduce the file size as I filled my 16GB card with just today's filming. Also, to transfer these files from my camera to my computer took an hour or two so I need to consider converting them so when I transfer them to the school computers it'll be faster and I can spend time editing rather than waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment