Sunday 20 November 2011

Filming - Narrative Shots

Today I filmed my narrative shots with my 4 actors (Older male & female + younger male & female). I had a little trouble getting everyone to the location on time as I had to go pick up Harry who fortunately volunteered to replace Wilf as the younger male. As he lived 20 minutes away by the time I got there and back it was 3pm giving me about an hour, instead of two, to shoot what I needed before it got dark.I also had a bit of trouble with getting the bottle to float in the water, as it just kept tipping to the side. We tried weighing the bottom down with a few small stones that we found in the surrounding fields but this didn't work very well and it still kept tipping over. I decided to film Emily's shots first so that the message wasn't covered in water. After we then filled the bottle up half with water which seemed to make it float and worked well.
Filming was overall successful, I got a range of shots with the walking and running scene which was great. The sunset on the clouds was really pretty tonight so I made good use of this as a background for some of the shots. Unfortunately the clouds were very still meaning it would have been impossible to make a good time lapse with my two older characters and would have taken too much time. Instead I got a lovely shot of them walking up together, hugging then holding hands (video below) which I can overlay one of my cloud time laspe shots in editing.


I also quite liked the shots of the actors miming the lyrics to each other. I filled the gap where the singer of the band will sing the line in between and filmed a hug that can be used to cut up the shot in the video above. I'm quite happy with how this shot turned out (video below) and like the use of the back lighting to shadow their faces, inspiration from my research of Deaf Havana's 'I'm A Bore, Mostly' music video. I only added the track over the top very quickly as an example and to make sure it was in time to the song. The editing will be much tighter on the real thing.


Below are a few stills from various other shots:








No comments:

Post a Comment