Tuesday 1 November 2011

Research - Music Video


Young Guns - 'Learn My Lesson'
This is the new video the band I am have using have brought out this week. It is a single off their new unreleased album. This is the single and video that is, in a way, promoting their new album and to get people and fans prepared and interested in their new songs. 
The video is mainly performance, however they have kept their creative video flair by using a very strong, contrasting colour scheme of red and blue, again with very strong lighting. They have also used editing very effectively by having performance shot to look like it is being sung in real time, however everything else is in the background. They have also used the same technique but to look like everything in the background has been sped up. 
Back in March, I was involved in one of my friends band's music videos where they used this technique so I know how it has been done. The music on set is played either slowed down for a sped up background or sped up to create a slow motion background. I really like this effect and this is could work well during my own performance. It is quite a subtle but nice way of creating an unusual effect without making the video look over edited.

No comments:

Post a Comment