Monday 7 November 2011

Research - Music Video



The First - 'Sit Tight (Acoustic)'
This is the acoustic version of the song 'Sit Tight' by The First. I've chosen to look at this video as it is also an acoustic version of a song, just like the song I have chosen for this project. Also, the video is shot in black and white like I intend too. I love the shallow focus used, making the background very blurred. To achieve this effect for my own production, I would need to use a lens such as my 1.8f 50mm lens. This, however, restricts me to zoom in or out as it is a fixed length. 
The contrast between black and white used in image one is what I will try to achieve. To exaggerate the tones I will use the 'Levels' tool in Final Cut to play around with the blacks. whites and greys. Hopefully I can achieve something that looks similar in contrast to this video.
There are very few quick shots or fast cuts in this video, when the do happen it is to the beat and appropriate. The majority of shots are held for a long period of time and sometimes the two shots have a fade transition. I think that this is used because it is an acoustic version, meaning that the pace is slightly slower and calmer just like the fading transition. 

No comments:

Post a Comment