Sunday 27 November 2011

Filming - Yesterday's Performance Shoot

Yesterday, I filmed the performance half of my music video. As I had to find a new cast of musicians last minute, we had to keep changing the time of the shoot so that it suited everyone. We started our shoot just after 3pm which gave us just over an hour to shoot everything needed. I had a bit of trouble finding the house we were filming in but eventually found it after numerous phone calls and searching. 
Whilst Edd set up the drum kit outdoors, I made use of the time by filming individual shots of the guitarists and a few clips of jacob singing. Once everything was set up, I shot the whole song being played. We had trouble with the sound as I couldn't find any portable iPod speakers, we relied on the sound coming from my phone. However, I think the group managed to do so well. I then went round doing some handheld shots of everyone through the whole song, which means I have a good range of different angles and shots. 

I managed to film about 30 clips before it got dark which I think is very good in the time we had. Everyone was very professional and there was a lot less laughing etc which meant we didn't have to redo things. We also got to enjoy a lovely sunset at the end of our filming. I have included a few stills from my clips in this post to show a few of the shots I filmed. I am very happy with how the day went and am hopeful that I will have enough quality footage to use in editing and will not have to reshoot things etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment