Sunday 20 November 2011

Planning - Editing For High Contrast Black & White

 As I don't have my own copy of Final Cut on my personal Mac at home, I use iMovie instead which I have some experience in using through playing around and using it to create personal projects. I wanted to test out my clips and see how they looking in black and white, which is what I plan on having my video in. I wanted to recreate a strong black and white, like in the video for 'Stiches' by Young Guns and 'Sit Tight (Acoustic)' by The First. I played with the clip settings and adjusted the levels to give a high contrast effect. I had to alter the levels individually to make each clip look its best as the colours are not the same and need different settings. I also changed the contrast bar to it's maximum and saturation bar to it's lowest to reduce all colour and give the black and white look. I tried this out on a variety of clips and below is what they look like.



No comments:

Post a Comment