Monday 17 October 2011

Research - Music Video



'I'm A Bore, Mostly' by Deaf Havana
This is the music video for Deaf Havana's new single, 'I'm A Bore, Mostly'. This band is very similar to the band I am using for my own music video and produce a similar style of music. I love the contrast between the very saturated and old fashioned style look the narrative performance has compared to the whole band performance shots which are quite vivid in colour. I think this is quite clever as it relates back to the lyrics in the chorus 'The times are changing' showing the difference of old and new. 
Watching this video, I especially liked the shots of James, the lead singer, where he is completely in shadow and think it looks great against the colour of the sunset sky in the background. This is an idea I may try out and use in my own video as I think it would look very good with a moody, cloudy background. These shots also have their own, quite cold, look to them which contrast from the other shots used. 

No comments:

Post a Comment