Tuesday 4 October 2011

Research - Music Video



'Into Your Arms' by The Maine 
This is the music video for the song 'Into Your Arms' by American band The Maine. I really love the reversal technique they have used in the video and think it's really cleaver how the protagonist, the woman, is always in reversal where everyone else is in normal real time. I find this especially clever when the band appear to be playing normally and the people around them are reversed. I also like how objects such and the torn photograph have been put into reverse and it is slowly revealed throughout the opening of the song to what the image is.
I also like how the band themselves and the performance are intertwined within the narrative. They appear to be playing, very subtly in some cases and more obvious in others, at the setting of the narrative. In a way this suggests that they are singing about the present tense and what is happening around them currently or what has just happened.



As a video overall, I think that having the narrative fully in reverse has been very well done in this case as it seems quite a difficult thing to have to plan out and achieve with effective results. I think that for my own music video, this idea wouldn't work so well and as I don't have much planning or filming time it would be risky to try. However, I am thinking of incorporating some reverse shots, maybe like the short clips of the objects they have used in this video (photo, flowers etc.) but making it relevant to my video.

No comments:

Post a Comment