Tuesday 11 October 2011

Planning - Copyright Permission

To use my chosen song, 'There Will Be Rain' by Young Guns, I have found out that they are on the label 'Live Forever' which is their own record label. This means that I will need to contact them directly or find a website for this record label in which I can submit a request to use this song.
I checked out their Facebook page information and it gave me a few names of management staff, booking and PR. I tried searching for a website or email for 'Back To Back Management' however, again this is a small independent management company which I couldn't find many details of.
This left me to contact them directly through their Facebook and Twitter pages, so I used both in order to ensure I got the best chance of them seeing the message (pictured below). As twitter has a word limit, I contacted the band themselves and each member individually and gave them the link to my Facebook post. I will now have to wait and hope I get a response to either one of them and hopefully be granted the permission I need to use the song.


No comments:

Post a Comment