Sunday 9 October 2011

Research - Music Video


'On To The Next One' by Jay-Z ft. Swizz Beatz

Although this music video does not relate to the genre I have chosen for my own production, it has given me plenty of new ideas for my own music video. I like the very artistic and creative edge to it and find the experimental genre very interesting to watch. 
The ideas I have picked up from this video are mainly to do with macro shots with liquid as this links into the idea of water and rain in my chosen song. I really like the extreme close up of the liquid dropping, making it appear like raindrops falling against a surface. The strong use of a black background and white liquid make it a lot clearer than normal rain on a pavement and think that this is something I may experiment with in my own video, especially as I am thinking of using black & white throughout. This also work very well for the shots where the liquid drips down the wall.
Another idea I like is the ink drops in water. I think this is quite an interesting and eye catching visual which is quite striking, In this video, I found it especially interesting when they showed these clips in negative, reversing the black and white. I though this look quite strange and wasn't as obvious as to what it was.In this video, they have used a mirror effect in editing which I really like. They have used this on shots of the ink in water and on a birds wings. I think that this creates quite an illusion to the audience and makes an effective visual very simply. 


No comments:

Post a Comment