Sunday 15 January 2012

Research - Rough Cut Audience Feedback

After completing my rough cut, I decided to post my video onto the social networking site 'Facebook' to see what peoples reaction would be to it. I received quite a positive reaction to it with over 20 likes and positive comments which I am very happy with. These likes were very evenly split between female (12) and male (11) and all of these were in the age range of 15-19 which is my target audience. However, as this was video was only viewable to people who were friends with me I thought that I needed to broaden my audience research a bit more to get a fairer and more accurate analysis.


I decided to post the video onto the official Young Guns Facebook page to see if I could get any reaction to my video there. I knew that this page gets quite a lot of posts and comments from fans and in the end it got a few likes, two from fans and 2 from the bands street teams/other fan pages.
My rough cut video has managed to get 160+ views in less than 48 hours which I am quite proud of seeing as I have only shared it to my Facebook friends. I decided to look at the statistics to see details about the ages of viewers and where they come from etc. I found out that the majority of views have been from females in the age range 18-24 and I have had views from mainly the UK (as expected) but also some from Portugal. I searched the video into Youtubes search bar and found out that it is the second top video to come up if 'young guns there will be rain' is searched, meaning anyone who searches this can clearly see and click on my video if they wish to view it.

No comments:

Post a Comment