Wednesday 25 January 2012

Ancillary Task - Video Inspiration


My ancillary tasks (CD digipak and a poster/advert) need to be related to each other and my video. I have watched my current edit of my music video to look through all my footage again and have taken screenshots which can be used to give me inspiration as to what themes and types of imagery I could use throughout my set of tasks. 
The first image is of the establishing shot of my music video which I found quite powerful with the contrast of weather between the background and the logo. I feel like the logo of the band is quite and icon symbol to their identity. The rain of the background instantly connects and refers to the title of the song and the sunset of the logo shows a contrast which opposes the background, suggesting change.
I like the use of layering in image two, I think that I could use the idea of overlaying the clouds in my video over a portrait of some sort. This reflects with the theme of my video as this imagery is used throughout my music video, making a clear link between the promotional pack.
I like the silhouetting that I have used in my video and think it would work quite nicely for the inside sleeves where a silhouette could be placed to one side and the lyrics next to it. It gives a colourful yet plain background of a sunset which wouldn't be too cluttered and messy for text to be overlaid on top. I would have a silhouette of the male and female characters  for the double page of my inside booklet.
Again, silhouetting has occurred in image four however the sunset takes over the image. This could be used on the back cover to show track listing as well as artist information and copyright/barcode information. It's a very plain image that would suit having text over it and could contrast with a rain image which could be placed on the front cover, showing change.

No comments:

Post a Comment