Sunday 15 January 2012

Editing - After Effects


Having access to After Effects at home, I decided to try out adding in some rain to my first cloud shot. I followed some tutorials on the internet as I have never used this programme before. I used the 'CC Rain' effect already available to me in AE CS5. I played around with the settings to something that suited and looked fairly realistic. I also changed the blending mode to 'Overlay' as this blended the rain into the clouds and darkened them more than the 'Normal' setting did where the rain looked very fake and out of place. With the low quality of this clip on Youtube, only allowing me to view at 360p, I'm not sure whether or not to use it in my final piece. Obviously, I'll need to experiment more to get the settings right and play around for the whole of my video but I think if mastered it could be a nice touch.


I would add this effect to all of the storm cloud clips. There are three in total in my music video currently, the establishing shot from around 0-3 seconds, one in the middle from 58 seconds to 1 minute and near the end at 3:45 to 3:46. This would make my video link more to the song lyrics and currently I have no footage of rain, only clouds. 

No comments:

Post a Comment