Friday 13 January 2012

Editing: Narrative shots

I have started to edit together parts of my narrative as well as having put together the introductory part of the song before lyrics. The first chorus of my song shows the narrative where the character of younger Luke appears to be sending a message in a bottle, reflecting the lyrics. This then cuts to a pan back to the character of older Luke replacing his place, suggesting even though this character has grown up he still has the same habits/life. I then cut to a shot of Emily's character finding the bottle and reading the message inside, establishing the story. However, this was quite predictable and the obvious thing to do so I switched this for a clip of Emily running away from the stream which makes the audience question and engage to find out what she is running from. I moved the clips of her finding the message to the instrumental during the middle section of the song which explains why her character is running. The idea was that she knew this was a trait of his throughout his childhood so realised and went to find him.

No comments:

Post a Comment