Thursday 15 September 2011

Research - Music Video



'Stitches' by Young Guns
This is my favourite music video. I like it because I think it's a lot different to a lot of other music videos already out there. I especially love their use of focus and think the focus pulls throughout add to the dramatic effect. It doesn't really have a narrative to it which is what makes it quite different from most current music videos. Instead it is much more experimental and uses imagery that can be related back to the song, such as the bird would relate to the line 'clipped my wings'. By choosing to have the video in black and white rather than adding colour really makes the video quite striking, in my opinion. There is a strong contrast between light and dark which is what makes it effective.
The video has been edited together well as the lip syncing etc. are all in time and to the beat making it look really well made and professional. I especially like the part at 0:40 where the water drop from the drum then switches to a shot of ink in water. I think that it is very clever and creative.
If the song I choose for this project is suitable, I'd like to try out a more experimental approach to show off a more creative outcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment