Sunday 5 February 2012

Ancillary Tasks - CD Front & Back Cover

I have completed work on the front and back cover of the CD task. I took inspiration from an online tutorial I found (posted earlier) and did my own take on it, making the final piece relate to my projects as a whole. I chose not to use Illustrator as it was quite complex and found was around it by just using Photoshop.
Following the tutorial, I cut a rounded shape from the face of the portrait and used the Layer Style tool to create a beveled and embossed edge, for a 3D look to the hole. Using the layers, I layered in a variety of objects that linked to the band and my video.
Firstly, I added in the bands logo and using the transform tool, skewed one corner to the image looked angled rather than front on. I used an image of stars and space as the background as Young Guns have used similar imagery on their current album artwork. I took images of clouds and added them in, making it look like it was coming out of the face, adding depth. I added in some rain as well using the paint brush tool with a motion blur filter added over the top.



No comments:

Post a Comment